Join the Bluegum Crew
Have you thought about a job with us at Bluegum Grounds Maintenance?
What we do
Bluegum Grounds Maintenance looks after the property of commercial and industrial customers.
Bluegum provides supported employment with awards-based wages. You could be in a work crew that does brush cutting, gardening, fencing and tree planting, just to name a few.
At Bluegum we aim to give you:
- Real employment options
- Training and support to develop social and work skills
- Help to make decisions about your work and how we run Bluegum
At Bluegum, we are proud to be able to say that we:
Have an excellent safety record
Provide our customers with quality reliable services
How do I apply for a job with Bluegum?
If you are an NIDS participant, you will need to have funding for supported employment. This is because Bluegum is an Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE).
Ask for funding for supported employment in your NDIS Plan or talk to your Disability Employment Service (DES) provider.
- Fill in the Bluegum Grounds Maintenance Referral Form (link to document)
- Send it to us by the way you prefer:
Fill in the Apply Now form and attach the Client Referral Form. Click “Submit Application”
Email the Bluegum Grounds Maintenance Referral Form to Admin@nossinc.org.au
49 York Street
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
Drop into the office at 49 York Street, Launceston between 9am and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
What happens after I apply?
The Bluegum manager or supervisor will arrange an interview with you and a workshop visit.
At the interview:
- The Bluegum Manager will explain how Bluegum is run and the conditions of employment
- You may bring a support person with you
- You will also need a Schedule 1 National Police Check
What happens if my application of employment with Bluegum is successful?
- The Bluegum Manager will give you a starting date and set a probation period
- You will need to complete some forms and the Bluegum Manager will give you a copy of the Bluegum Employment Manual.
- The Bluegum Manager will conduct an orientation to the workplace
- During your probation, the Bluegum Manager will have regular meetings with you to discuss how you are going. They might extend your probation period if you need more time.
What sort of training will I get?
- We will work with you to develop a training program to help you achieve your work goals.
- You will have opportunities to get qualifications to work in grounds maintenance.
- We will also train you in areas such as manual handling and first aid.
- We will assess how well and how safely you can operate Bluegum equipment.